Family Care Options has received many calls with questions about reopening. At present, we are accepting reservations for care starting October 1, 2020. We ask that you thoroughly review the following reopening plan. It contains important information and details for both client and caregiver expectations.
Our primary goal is to keep our staff and clients safe, so your experience may differ from what you were previously accustomed to. We are committed to our clients wellness and health and have implemented the following Covid -19 procedures and protocol to reserve your caregiver:
1) Protocol and Requirements implemented to provide safe and healthy care :
– Our caregivers have a negative Covid -19 test result prior to the start of each job that we have kept on file and require sitters to update frequently.
– Our caregivers have completed a Covid-19 questionnaire
– Our caregivers will have temperature taken upon arrival
– Our caregivers have signed and provided a Covid-19 waiver
– Our caregivers will arrive wearing protective uniforms, gloves, mask, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and hand held thermometer.
2) Protocol implemented to protect your guests and/ family members:
*Scheduling Safe Care -Covid -19 Protocol- in order to provide the family with the safest care possible, we require 48 hours notice to confirm care:
– Care reservations can be scheduled through our website www.familycareoption.com or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
– You will receive an email with a Covid 19 questionnaire and waiver for the caregiver to complete upon arrival
a) Procedures upon arrival
– Our caregiver will call for approval and admission to enter the building where care is required – Our caregiver will be dressed with full protective clothing, gloves and mask
– Our caregiver will be equipped with handheld thermometer, log book, disinfectant spray and hand sanitizer
b) Prior to commencing care
– Our caregiver will wash and disinfect their hands
– Our caregiver will wipe with disinfectant spray as best as possible, toys, equipement, books, objects that may be touched and/or used during the job
– Our carevier will be required to take their temperature and document in log book prior to the start of the job
3) Steps we are taking to protect our caregivers:
Case 1: A caregiver without symptoms in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
1. Caregiver stays home and quarantine until 14 days after last exposure and needs a negative COVID-19 test and is symptom free before returning to working for FCO.
Case 2: A caregiver who subsequently tests positive for Covid-19 within a two-week period:
1. A caregiver in which the individual with the confirmed case of COVID-19 was in, will be removed from all upcoming jobs.
2. FCO will communicate with clients and staff that a positive COVID-19 case has occurred.
3. A caregiver must self isolate and get tested once upon finishing two week isolation as well as another test within the next seven days following.
Case 3: A caregiver has tested positive for Covid-19 in the past:
1. A caregiver with confirmed COVID-19 who has exhibited symptoms may return after meeting ALL the CDC criteria for discontinuation of home isolation listed below:
a. Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications b. Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath)
c. Negative results for COVID-19 from at least two consecutive upper respiratory swab specimens collected at least 24 hours apart.
2. A caregiver with confirmed COVID-19 who has not had any symptoms may return to working when:
a. At least 14 days have passed since the date of their first positive COVID-19 viral test and b. Have had no subsequent illness since testing.